Accounts Payable Clerk - Van, Nuys, Ca
Post date 04-23-14
For 20 years, Munchkin has focused on turning sleepy categories into exciting, innovative areas which excite both our loyal parents and our creative designers. We have grown to 6 offices around the world with our headquarters in Van Nuys, CA and continue to look for exceptional individuals that want to work in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround and fast-growing environment with a management team with vision and passion for growth.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for preparing, entering and maintain full process accounts payables, including matching purchase orders to invoices, processing and auditing freight bills against freight manifests, invoice coding, initiating invoice approval, preparing invoice deductions, and preparing accounts payable checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages overall warehouse throughput (inbound receipts, production, outbound shipments) and assigns specific duties to supervisors and team leaders to manage activities.
- Full process accounts payable processing.
- Perform timely account reconciliation by verifying entries and comparing to balances.
- Record, code, and process all invoices for payment.
- Assist with processing invoices related to Corporate expenses.
- Match purchase orders with vendor invoices.
- Ensure payment deadlines are met.
- Audit invoices for accuracy and ensure compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Research, analyze, and make recommendations related to invoice/reimbursement issues.
- Communicate with internal/external customers to resolve invoice/reimbursement discrepancies.
- Process journal entries.
- Accrue amounts due for various liabilities.
- Maintain reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Support Corporate AP team with all duties.
- Any and all other job duties assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or minimum two year accounts payable experience in a corporation with mainframe-based accounting systems.
- Minimum two years college with accounting course work or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to tasks assigned.
- Strong knowledge of accrual method accounting and pre-payment account coding.
- Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows & Microsoft software applications.
- Proficient with Accounting software; Order processing systems; and Payroll systems.
To apply for the Accounts Payable Clerk position, please visit our websites at www.munchkin.com or email your resume and work samples to email@example.com.
The Company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with vacation, medical/dental and vision benefits, Basic Life and AD&D plans, 401k with match, and discretionary bonuses. Check out our website at www.munchkin.com for more information and open positions in the career section.
Munchkin is an equal opportunity employer.