Graphic Designer - North Carolina
Post date 04-11-14
Brica, a division of Munchkin Inc., focuses on turning sleepy categories into exciting, innovative areas which excite both our loyal parents and our creative designers. We are one of the leading innovators of infant and toddler products and we continue to look for exceptional individuals that want to work in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround and fast-growing environment with a management team with vision and passion for growth.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for conceptual development and design ideation, including producing package design and layout, from beginning to end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent projects for use in digital experiences and traditional marketing campaigns including advertising and trade shows.
- Assist in developing creative and professional product packaging consistent with brand guidelines.
- Participate and collaborate in conceptual development and design ideation with company executives and members of the marketing team to define creative strategy.
- Responsible for production of design aspects of all projects (including basic structure die lines, photo retouching, clipping digital images, preparing files to vendor, checking file formats)
- Responsible for designing/ producing and managing projects with high accuracy (including basic die line structures, logo design, typography, color studies, photo retouching, preparing files to printer/ vendor, etc).
- Produce various license projects and demonstrate familiarity with various licensor style guides in all licensing package projects.
- Responsible for creating mechanical files, proofing work and transmitting files to overseas vendors.
- Meet expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Effectively develop clean, well-structured, easily maintainable designs.
- Act as advisory specialists to management regarding all design production, including packaging, and creative direction.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment regarding design production.
- Supporting the marketing and sales teams with presentation, brochure, catalog, and product/plan-o-gram artwork.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA or Associates Degree in Graphic Design/Commercial Art and/or 3-5 years design experience in consumer products. Juvenile products industry experience is a plus.
- Expertise with Macintosh based graphics programs, specifically Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Possess a good design "flair", a broad thinker and able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Effectively communicate with marketing department (both written and oral).
- Must be able to design within specific product categories and manage release schedules.
- Good knowledge in graphic and print production process.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with limited supervision.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit www.brica.com for more information about the company and submit your resume to email@example.com.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Brica such a standout place. We also provide growth potential, competitive compensation and discretionary bonuses, excellent insurance options, and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.brica.com for more information.
Brica is an equal opportunity employer.