National Account Manager - Bentonville, AR
Post date 05-02-14
For 20 years, Munchkin has focused on turning sleepy categories into exciting, innovative areas which excite both our loyal parents and our creative designers. We have grown to 5 offices around the world with our headquarters in Van Nuys, CA and continue to look for exceptional individuals that want to work in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround and fast-growing environment with a management team with vision and passion for growth.
The National Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of Munchkin’s business related to driving sales, profits and market share at Wal-Mart for the Munchkin business. Primary duties include managing and developing existing Munchkin businesses with Wal-Mart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new effective channels of distribution within Wal-Mart US (Walmart.com, Sam’s, other departments).
- Supply timely written and verbal market/ customer feedback. Analyze and develop strategic account action plans surrounding customer Point of Sale data, competitive forces, and retail/category productivity.
- Maintain steady communication with account to ensure marketing and sales strategies coincide and compliment customer marketing plans.
- Jointly establish annual key account specific goals with Sr. Director of Sales.
- Maintain knowledge of product availability and account status. Provide accurate monthly sales and product forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Munchkin, Inc. business functions (including Marketing, Channel Marketing, Account Administration, Traffic, Forecasting, and Finance) for complete account management
- Participate in industry tradeshows, sales meetings, and other company events as needed.
- Prepare merchandising, advertising and assortment proposals that will benefit both the company and account strategies.
- Monitor retail sales, future plans, inventories and competitive pressures to maximize sales and profits.
- Forecast monthly and annual shipments to accurately maintain customer and company inventories.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports analyzing marketplace trends, retail sales, individual account trends and competitive activity.
- Develop annual account plans based on short, mid and long range plans presented by the appropriate brand groups.
- Process all advertising claims/deductions in a timely manner.
- Analyze all promotions in light of promotional funding to maximize return on investment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 7-10 years successful selling experience in consumer products within Mass, Food, Drug Channels of Trade.
- Fluent in Retail Link
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling sales presentations/promotions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of personnel management and development.
- High energy, detail focused, action oriented contributor.
- Capable of preparing accurate analyses, sales reports across and forecasts base.
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Resides in or be willing to immediately relocate to Northwest Arkansas area.
- Must be self motivated and detail oriented to direct own work.
- Team player able to establish effective working relationships.
- Willing and able to travel 20% - 30% to include internationally.
- College degree required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit www.munchkin.com or email your resume and work samples to email@example.com.
Munchkin, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with vacation, medical/dental and vision benefits, Basic Life and AD&D plans, 401k with match, and bonuses.Check out our website at www.munchkin.com for more information and open positions in the career section.
Munchkin is an equal opportunity employer.