National Account Manager - Canada
Post date 02-04-14
For 20 years, Munchkin has focused on turning sleepy categories into exciting, innovative areas which excite both our loyal parents and our creative designers. We have grown to 5 offices around the world with our headquarters in Van Nuys, CA and continue to look for exceptional individuals that want to work in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround and fast-growing environment with a management team with vision and passion for growth.
The National Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of Munchkin’s business related to driving sales, profits and market share at assigned customers, including Wal-Mart and those customers based within the Quebec region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new effective channels of distribution within the assigned territory.
- Supply timely written and verbal market/ customer feedback. Analyze and develop strategic account action plans surrounding customer Point of Sale data, competitive forces, and retail/category productivity.
- Maintain steady communication with account(s) to ensure marketing and sales strategies coincide and compliment customer marketing plans.
- Jointly establish annual key account specific goals with VP of Sales.
- Maintain knowledge of product availability and account status. Provide accurate monthly sales and product forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Munchkin, Inc. business functions (including Marketing, Channel Marketing, Account Administration, Traffic, Forecasting, and Finance) for complete account management.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, sales meetings, and other company events as needed.
- Prepare merchandising, advertising and assortment proposals that will benefit both the company and account strategies.
- Monitor retail sales, future plans, inventories and competitive pressures to maximize sales and profits.
- Forecast monthly and annual shipments to accurately maintain customer and company inventories.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports analyzing marketplace trends, retail sales, individual account trends and competitive activity.
- Develop annual account plans based on short, mid and long range plans presented by the appropriate brand groups.
- Process all advertising claims/deductions in a timely manner.
- Analyze all promotions in light of promotional funding to maximize return on investment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years successful selling experience in consumer products within Mass, Food, Drug Channels of Trade.
- Fluency in Retail Link.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling sales presentations/promotions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of personnel management and development.
- High energy, detail focused, action oriented contributor.
- Capable of preparing accurate analyses, sales reports across and forecasts base.
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be self motivated and detail oriented to direct own work.
- Team player able to establish effective working relationships.
- Willing and able to travel up to 15%.
- College/University degree required.
- Bilingualism (French) would be an asset.
To apply for the National Account Manager position, please visit our websites at www.munchkin.com or email your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin such a standout place. We also provide growth potential, competitive compensation and bonuses, excellent insurance options, and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.munchkin.com for more information and open positions in the career section. Munchkin is an equal opportunity employer.