Senior Design Manager - North Carolina
Post date 04-25-14
Brica, a division of Munchkin Inc., focuses on turning sleepy categories into exciting, innovative areas which excite both our loyal parents and our creative designers. We are one of the leading innovators of infant and toddler products and we continue to look for exceptional individuals that want to work in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround and fast-growing environment with a management team with vision and passion for growth.
As Senior Design Manager, you will be a part of our team and responsible working with a team of product developers on various product categories. This position is responsible for taking products from concept through production under aggressive timelines, developing highly innovative design solutions that translate consumer insights and trends into compelling product experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates current and proposed products based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, production costs and specifications.
- Conceptualizes, illustrates and communicates new product concepts through quick sketching, foam mockups, and preparing presentation boards.
- Must be able to assess product obstacles and use design skills/experience to successfully complete the project.
- Responsible for working closely with the Product Development and Marketing departments to drive brand consistency across all products and to establish key design features.
- Train and direct staff members who develop design concepts
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the product and relays this information internally and to overseas operations.
- Participates in creation of concept research product definition: customer needs, idea generation, feasibility, specifications, concept visions and models in a team environment.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and in involved in the design engineering of new models.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Designer will work with licensed product that is applied to new product ideas as well as existing.
- Prepare concept presentations for executive review.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited industrial design program 4-5 years of professional design experience in corporate or consulting design
- 2-D Skills, sketching, vector artwork (Alias Sketchbook Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
- 3-D CAD modeling (Alias Design Studio or Creo/Pro-E)
- Intermediate computer skills including (Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook.)
- Proven experience in the industrial design and realization of mass-produced, global products
- Strong Business acumen with solid understanding of key metrics and cross functional roles- Lead the creative process through facilitation and participation in concept ideation sessions, brainstorms and creative discussions to develop design solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly developed conceptual, creative and analytical skills, strong aesthetic sensitivity
- Excellent sketching, form development, problem solving abilities
- Highly motivated, proven ability to undertake and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously adhering to budget and schedule constraints
- Mechanically inclined with a basic understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to communicate with technical leads, designers, marketers, and executives
- Ability to occasionally travel and work internationally
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit www.brica.com or email your resume and work samples to email@example.com.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin such a standout place. We also provide growth potential, competitive compensation and bonuses, excellent insurance options, and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.brica.com for more information and open positions in the career section.
Brica is an equal opportunity employer.