Do you celebrate all of the little holidays with your little one(s)? @lunchesandlittles here, and while we aren’t Irish, that doesn’t stop us from enjoying a little extra fun for St. Patrick’s Day! Our kiddos love these little holidays- even if we just do simple things like pack lunch boxes full of green foods, set out a handmade leprechaun trap, or just all sit down to enjoy a fun and festive dinner spread, like the one we are sharing here today, featuring our Three-Cheese Broccoli Pizza.
If you follow us over on our feed, you already know that we like to play with our food a bit and make healthy meals fun. Our festive Three-Cheese Broccoli Pizza isn’t just family-friendly, it’s also SO easy to make. A meal that practically cooks itself and takes less than 30 minutes to get on the table- I guess a bit of luck has rubbed off on us after all!
Our Three-Cheese Broccoli Pizza is so simple, and the recipe is full of shortcuts that can make it even easier (like microwavable broccoli florets, pre-shredded cheese and so on). And let’s address the obvious- it’s loaded with broccoli. When it comes to fun, festive food, we always do whatever we can to turn less-liked, and in this case- green foods more fun- and St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect opportunity to get in some of those greens (Halloween is another time when green foods can suddenly be cool and festive- use these times to your advantage!).
If your kids are a bit apprehensive when it comes to foods like: green beans, celery, kiwi, and more- now is the time to give those foods a bit of extra hype, because after all Leprechauns and shamrocks are green too- and those aren’t scary, right?
Check out the full pizza recipe and instructions below, and be sure to tag #munchkininc and #lunchesandlittles in your posts! *And, as always, before starting, be sure to read through the entire recipe below, to ensure best results!
Three Cheese Broccoli Pizza Recipe
INGREDIENTS (for 4 small-sized pizzas*):
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley (plus more for topping)
- 2 and 1/2 – 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (we used Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s) (divided)
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped onion (optional)
- a few drizzles of olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Once melted, add in garlic, Italian seasoning and parsley. Mix to combine.
- Place flatbreads on prepared baking sheets (2 per sheet). Then, brush butter mixture onto flatbreads, diving mixture between the four pieces.
- Once oven is ready- bake flatbreads for approx. 6 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
- While flatbreads are baking- steam/cook broccoli. We used a microwavable bag here, which was so easy and took just minutes. Once broccoli is cooked, carefully chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Grate cheese, if needed and set aside.
- Once flatbreads are done, carefully remove from oven.
- Sprinkle about half of the Parmesan and Cheddar Cheeses on to each of the flatbreads. Then, sprinkle chopped broccoli and onion (if using). Top with remaining Parmesan and Cheddar.
- Return baking sheets to oven for an additional 8- 10 minutes (watching them to . In the last 3 min. or so of baking, carefully add crumbled feta cheese on top of pizzas. Then continue cooking until flatbreads are golden, and cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional dried parsley if desired, and allow to cool for a min. or two. Then slice and serve! Yummm!
- Serve with fun, green foods, as shown here, like cucumbers, kiwi, etc. And that fun little trail mix you see- just combine Golden Graham’s Cereal (or equivalent) with mini marshmallow and M & M’s (we just used the green and yellow ones here). Fun, easy AND festive!
Serve and enjoy- and never forget how LUCKY you are parenting those little ones!
For more quick and easy kid-friendly recipes be sure to check out our feed, @lunchesandlittles where we are making meals and fun snacks like this all of the time. And of course, be sure to check out www.munchkin.com for feeding supplies and more for your little ones, like the plates bowls and utensils you see here. Munchkin tableware is so fun and practical – perfect for all your little ones!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!