The weekend might be over, but we’re already giving you something to look forward to on Saturday morning! Our friends at Yummy Spoonfuls put together this easy and simple pancake recipe that’s healthy and delicious for the whole family. We loved these pancakes because they only contain sugar naturally found in fruit–making them a great guilt-free option. Grab your ingredients, because this weekend the kids get to help out with a healthy breakfast!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 large pancakes
Nutrition: fiber, whole grains
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pouch of Yummy Spoonfuls Stage 1 Only Pear
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- Oil for the griddle
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Yummy Spoonfuls only pear pouch and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- If you want to go the extra mile and add natural colors, split the batter into 3 small bowls and let the kiddos have fun with a few drops of your favorite natural colors.
- Heat a large skillet (cast-iron is great) or griddle over medium heat.
- Ladle a ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook until brown on the bottom – about 2-3 minutes depending on your temp. Flip and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and repeat steps until you cook all of the batter.
- Top with fruits and maple syrup.
If you would like to learn more about healthy feeding options for your baby or toddler, check out Yummy Spoonfuls here.